Topic: 2011 AU
Subtopic: DB2 for z/OS
This presentation takes an in-depth look at why we need temporal data, and how we have designed our tables for this type of support over the years. We will examine the performance and administrative challenges of dealing with temporal data. We then look toward DB2 10 for z/OS support of various forms of temporal data and compare them to other techniques.
- Discuss the need for temporal data
- Show how we implemented support for this over the years
- Discuss the requirements, performance and maintenance issues
- Discuss the new features of DB2 10 for z/OS in support of temporal data
- Discuss various options and compare old and new techniques
Click Here to Download
NOTE: These are only open to members of IDUG. If you are not a member, please CLICK HERE for more information.