The International DB2 Users Group (IDUG) invites anyone interested in speaking at IDUG Europe 2011 to submit presentation abstracts for consideration.
Speaking at this premier user event dedicated to IBM’s industry-leading database engine, DB2, offers you a unique opportunity to share your DB2 experience and expertise with an audience of your peers.
If you have any questions regarding the information presented on this page, please contact IDUG at email@example.com.
NEW: the Speaker feedback survey is available here. This survey is intended to obtain feedback for IDUG EMEA 2011 and suggestions for future conferences. Completion of this evaluation form will provide you with an opportunity to express your opinions, recommendations, etc. All individual responses will remain confidential
MODERATE A SESSION
Session moderators are essential to the success of each and every IDUG conference and you can help. It is also an excellent way to volunteer with minimal impact on your time.
Why not moderate a session that you are already planning on attending? No previous experience is necessary.
The moderator duties are simple and they include introducing the speaker, keeping the speaker on time and collecting evaluation cards.It's an excellent way for you to make a new friend or to make a new networking contact.
Interested in volunteering to moderate a session at this year's conference? Review the list of sessions below and contact the thread chair for reserving your place as a moderator.
Before volunteering to moderate, please review the moderator roles and responsibilities here.
More moderator resources:
Thread A: DB2 for 10 for z/OS
Contact: Cuneyt Goksu - c u n e y t g o k s u @ u s a . n e t
Thread B: DB2 for z/OS Lessons Learned
Contact: Leila Sadat Hosseini - l s h o s a i n i @ y a h o o . c o m
Thread C: DB2 9.7 for LUW
Contact: Anne Lesell - a n n e . l e s e l l @ y a h o o . c o m
Thread D: DB2 for LUW Lessons Learned
Contact: Saeid Mohseni - s a e i d . m o h s e n i @ f o l k s a m . s e
Thread E: General I
Contact: Mirna Kos - m i r n a . k o s @ g m a i l . c o m
Thread F: General II
Contact: Phil Grainger - p h i l @ g r a i n g e r d a t a b a s e s o l u t i o n s . c o m
Below are important speaker deliverable deadlines for IDUG EMEA 2011:
- 14 March 2011: Abstracts due to IDUG
- 2 May 2011: Speakers will be selected and notified via e-mail
- 11 July 2011: Draft presentations due to IDUG
- 5 September 2011: Final presentations due to IDUG
We encourage all speakers to adhere to these dates or notify the Thread Chairs with any reasons why they cannot meet the deadlines.
As a speaker you are entitled to one complimentary IDUG 2011 – EMEA conference registration. Please note that if your session has more than one speaker, only the primary speaker will be entitled to a complimentary registration..
Follow these steps to register:
- Go to the EMEA Registration Page and begin registration
- Select Conference Registration Fee (current base price: 1974.00€)
- Insert the discount code EMEASPKR11
- Click Update Price. The price should recalculate to $0.
- Click OK and finish registration.
EDUCATIONAL SEMINAR INSTRUCTOR DEADLINES
Below are important education seminar instructor deliverable deadlines for IDUG EMEA 2011:
- 14 March 2011: Abstracts due to IDUG
- 2 May 2011: Instructors will be selected and notified via e-mail
- 11 July 2011: Draft One Day Seminars papers due to IDUG
- 5 September 2011: Final One Day Seminar papers due to IDUG
- 3 October 2011: Master Copy of the Student Workbook due to IDUG
We encourage all instructors to adhere to these dates or notify IDUG at firstname.lastname@example.org with any reasons why they cannot meet the deadlines. Please note that a master copy of the student workbook (handouts) must be submitted to IDUG by 3 October 2011 in order for the workbooks to be duplicated. If the original is not submitted to IDUG by the above date, the cost of duplicating the workbooks will be at the instructor's or the instructor's company's cost.
IDUG strongly encourages you to read through the IDUG Speaker Guidelines.
IDUG PRESENTATION TEMPLATE
You can obtain the IDUG EMEA 2011 Template following these links:IDUG EMEA 2011 Black Template for Lotus Symphony
HOW TO UPLOAD YOUR PRESENTATION MATERIAL
This section explains how to upload your material. Contact your thread chair in case of problem.
- Login to IDUG at www.idug.org
- Visit your My Registration. Direct access to this page from here. You will see a screen like this one:
- Select View Your Registration Details [details] at the right. When you click on View Your Registration Details [details] you may be prompted to log in
- This is an example of the page that you will see:
- Select My Presentations
- Then select View
- Now select Edit Files
- Important: use the File Type option to indicate if this is a Draft or the Final version of the presentation
- Select Add
- Using the option Browse select the file to upload
- Select OK. The OK button NEEDS to be clicked to COMPLETE the upload process
- Done. You should be at the Session Summary page. Clicking on Edit Files again will allow you to see and confirm the file you just uploaded.
- Thanks a lot!