The purpose of this page is to provide attendees with practical information about the 2012 IDUG DB2 Tech Conference in Berlin, Germany.
This page provides information on:
- Pocket Programme
- About the hotel
- Solutions Centre Interactive Floorplan
To view the full session schedule grid and Solutions Centre information, download the Pocket Programme. Hard copies will also be provided at the Conference.
ABOUT THE HOTEL
The IDUG DB2 Tech Conference will take place at the Estrel Hotel in Berlin. The hotel is located at Sonnenallee 225 Berlin.
The Estrel Berlin is Europe’s largest convention, entertainment and hotel complex. With 1,125 rooms and suites, five restaurants, two bars, a summer garden and the show "Stars in Concert." The Estrel has plenty to offer every guest.
The hotel is located 9-10km (5-6 miles) from the heart of the city, and is a 2-5 minute walking distance from all sorts of public transportation. If you have sightseeing in mind, the fastest and cheapest way to get to the city center will be to take the S41-42 circle lines at the Sonnenallee station, which is just a block away from the Estrel Hotel.
How do I get from the airport to the hotel?
If you arrive from Tegel International airport, you have these options available:
- Bus + Train – The 109 bus line will take you from the terminal to Jungfernheide Bhf station. Here you should change to the S42 circle line. Go down at Sonnenallee stop, which is a block away from the Estrel Hotel. The tariff for this ride should be 3 EURO (See full route here).
- Taxi - Taxi services are available outside the terminal and should cost approximately 25-30 EURO.
If you arrive from Schoenefeld International airport, you have these options available:
- Bus – The 171 bus line will take you from the terminal to S Sonnenallee station which is one block away from the Estel Hotel. The tariff for this ride should be 3 EURO.
- Train - The S45 train will take you strait from the terminal to Neukölln station. Here you should change to the S42 circle line. Go down at Sonnenallee stop, which is a block away from the Estrel Hotel. The tariff for this ride should be 3 EURO. (See full route here)
- Airport Express – The Airport Express (Lines RE7 and RB14) runs every half an hour from the terminal and will take you to the Berlin central station (Hauptbahnhof) in 28 minutes. However, this option requires many line connections to reach the Estrel Hotel, making it difficult to navigate.
- Taxi – Taxi services are available outside the terminal and should cost around 25-30 EURO.
For more information about Berlin's public transportation visit the BVG website. You should use the Journey Planner to help you plan your trip according to your exact time schedule
SOLUTIONS CENTRE INTERACTIVE FLOORPLAN
Explore an exhibit hall filled with the world’s top DB2 vendors, consulting firms and solution providers. Access dozen of vendor products in a matter of hours and enjoy face-to-face conversations with the people who create and service your DB2 products.
To see who will showcase their products and services at the IDUG DB2 Tech Conference in Berlin, view the Interactive Floorplan.