COMPLIMENTARY: DB2 10.5 for LUW Immersion Workshop - with new BLU Acceleration
When: Friday May 3rd, 2013 - 08:00 AM to 02:00 PM
In today's competitive data-driven world, more knowledge and more professional flexibility is an advantage. This workshop is a no-charge offering that can help extend your technical skills to include the latest features and capabilities in DB2 10.5 for LUW with BLU Acceleration. These server platforms are common to data centers across the globe, and often, DB2 for LUW is used as part of an IBM Big Data solution.
This DB2 Fundamentals workshop is designed for database administrators, data application developers and data architects to provide an introduction to the latest DB2 for LUW technology--including the latest features and enhancements. Taught by IBM DB2 technical experts, the workshop provides attendees with in-depth explanation of new features including: even deeper compression, Multi-temperature Data Management, Temporal Data Management, enhanced workload management, data security advances and more.
What you can expect?
- DB2 10.5 Overview
- DB2 BLU Acceleration Deep Dive
- What's New in 10.5 for High Availability and pureScale
- New Oracle Migration and Compatibility Features
- Storage Management and Compression Details
COMPLIMENTARY: Data Warehousing with DB2 for z/OS: IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator Deep Dive Workshop
When: Friday May 3rd 2013 - 08:00 AM to 02:00 PM
Take advantage of a complimentary architecture workshop with IBM - to help you understand how this game-changing technology can be used in DB2 for z/OS Data Warehousing and BI environments. Conducted at IDUG NA 2013 Conference, the DB2 Analytics Accelerator Architecture Workshop is a half-day, interactive session that will help you understand this new technology and how this can help you in improving your cost and performance of your DB2 for z/OS based Data Warehouse and related analytical business processes.
What you can expect?
- Technical deep dive into IBM DB2 Analytics AcceleratorDemonstration of data life cycles with IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator
- Data maintenance options (load, incremental update)
- Example performance numbers for query acceleration, load and CPU savings
- System prerequisites of IBM DB2 Analytics AcceleratorCustomer experiences
You will leave with:
- Presentation materials
- Networking and Contacts