IDUG DB2 Tech Conference in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA 2015
COMPLIMENTARY: IBM Cloud Data Services - including dashDB and SQLDB
When: Friday May 8th, 2015 - 08:00 AM to 02:00 PM
Need to get started using DB2 quickly and at a low cost? Need BI and Data warehousing in-memory computing fast? Attend this technical workshop where you will learn about the exciting new enhancements with DB2 BLU, how they relate to Cloud implementations and how they can provide data insights to your organization fast and easily.
IBM Cloud Data Services is available in several pre-installed, pre-configured editions of DB2 to support needs that range from a small workgroup to advanced enterprise data applications. These environments can meet a variety of needs including development, test, online transaction processing and more.
IBM Cloud Data Services is designed to provide self-service BI or data warehousing in a simple agile cloud-based in-memory computing solution. It includes an option to use BLU Acceleration with Cognos BI so that you can get insights from your data very quickly and affordably.
COMPLIMENTARY: DB2 11 Migration Planning Workshop
When: Friday May 8th 2015 - 08:00 AM to 02:00 PM
DB2 10 set the stage to “give back”. DB2 11 does this again with more out of the box performance improvements, greater migration flexibility, many optimization's, administration, and application features.
- Versioning of information expands beyond temporal management into archiving of data.
- Online schema evolution continues to provide more ways to enhance database designs while maintaining information availability.
- The DB2 11 optimizer provides insights into the statistics it needs to make the best decisions.
- The DPSI is back with enhanced optimization and parallelism.
- The Native SQL Procedures Language keeps getting better. Have you been looking for an array? Look at DB2 11.
- DB2 for z/OS SQL, aided by industry leading optimization, continues to push transactional performance and expands native analytical capability with new Group By options and integration with Big Data via Hadoop.
- Distributed communications are a blast. Literally. Learn about this new communication protocol.
- Do you use external security? It now communicates with DB2.
- DB2 11 provides flexible paths to expand RBA / LRSNs, assisting Data Sharing high volume insert processing and eliminating logging restrictions.
What is the Migration Planning Workshop (MPW)?
- One-day, comprehensive review of the capabilities, considerations, preparations, and project planning for DB2 11.
- This offering enables customers to understand the breadth of features delivered in DB2 for z/OS versions.
- The enhanced migration process is explained.
- Many resources are brought together in a single offering.
- Leave the session with materials that you can use to start your installation / migration immediately, or in the future.
While most MPWs are small, multi-company events, they can be delivered for individual companies or even user groups. Who should attend? An MPW contains content that is appropriate to Application Developers, Database Administrators, System Administrators, Architects, IT decision makers, and Project Managers. The agenda is structured to group subjects by role. Stay for the entire day, or........
- If you are interested in migration and systems topics, the morning is for you.
- Application Development topics are covered in the afternoon.
- Lunch is provided
Topic Focus Areas:
- Database Administration
- Migration & Systems Topics
- DB2 11 Migration, including
- Application Compatibility
- RBA /LRSN Expansion
- Project Planning
- DB2 11 for z/OS Overview
- Systems focused topics
- Data Sharing
- Application Development Topics
- SQL with
- Application Compatibility considerations
- Administration oriented topics
- Advanced Design
What you can expect?
- An understanding of the features delivered with DB2 11 and how they can benefit your enterprise.
- Clarity of the migration process.
- References for many subjects, including:
- Prerequisites & preparations
- You will leave with:
- Presentation materials
- Project plan framework
- Networking and Contacts
For more information download the DB2 11 Migration Planning Workshop trifold
COMPLIMENTARY: DB2 Analytics Accelerator Workshop
When: Friday, May 8th 2015 – 9:15AM - 11:30 AM
Staying ahead of the competition means being able to generate rapid, data driven decisions out of the growing volumes of data coming into your business. For IBM clients whose transactional data originates on z Systems, the revolutionary DB2 Analytics Accelerator is creating exciting new opportunities to deliver right time analytics across the enterprise while minimizing cost and complexity.
Join this complementary workshop and learn how your organization can simplify with IBM z Analytics.
- An eye-opening whiteboard and introduction to the key ingredient. . . the DB2 Analytics Accelerator
- See the DB2 Analytics Accelerator in action via a Live Demo
- Hear about the innovative ways z Systems clients are using the DB2 Analytics Accelerator
Sound cool? Learn what you can do when you return to your office and how you can engage IBM subject matter experts, industry experts, and utilize tools like workshops and whiteboard sessions to uncover use cases for your organization.
Who should attend?
- Enterprise Architects
- Application Developers
- Database Administrators/Managers
- IT decision makers
- Project Managers