IKJEFT01 Lib parm

Jorg Lueke

IKJEFT01 Lib parm
Once more I just can't find the right manual to answer a question.
When using IKJEFT01 is it possible to concatenate more than one library
using the Lib parm?
If yes, how and where is that documented?

Thanks

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to the IDUG DB2-L list. To unsubscribe, go to the archives and home page at http://www.idugdb2-l.org/archives/db2-l.html. From that page select "Join or Leave the list". The IDUG DB2-L FAQ is at http://www.idugdb2-l.org. The IDUG List Admins can be reached at [login to unmask email] Find out the latest on IDUG conferences at http://conferences.idug.org/index.cfm

Roger Miller

Re: IKJEFT01 Lib parm
(in response to Jorg Lueke)
IKJEFT01 is usually called TSO. The books you are looking for are
probably here:
http://www.ibm.com/servers/eserver/zseries/zos/bkserv/r6pdf/tsoe.html
There are several LIB options for commands in the TSO/E Command Reference.
http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/epubs/pdf/ikj4c550.pdf

Roger Miller

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 14:23:26 -0600, Jorg Lueke <[login to unmask email]>
wrote:

>Once more I just can't find the right manual to answer a question.
>When using IKJEFT01 is it possible to concatenate more than one library
>using the Lib parm?
>If yes, how and where is that documented?
>
>Thanks
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to the IDUG DB2-L list. To unsubscribe, go to the archives and home page at http://www.idugdb2-l.org/archives/db2-l.html. From that page select "Join or Leave the list". The IDUG DB2-L FAQ is at http://www.idugdb2-l.org. The IDUG List Admins can be reached at [login to unmask email] Find out the latest on IDUG conferences at http://conferences.idug.org/index.cfm

[login to unmask email]

Re: IKJEFT01 Lib parm
(in response to Roger Miller)
I specify the libraries in a STEPLIB

//STEP2 EXEC PGM=IKJEFT01,
// DYNAMNBR=20
//STEPLIB DD DSN=library 1,
// DISP=SHR
// DD DSN=library2,
// DISP=SHR

and then do not use the LIB parm.

Just as easy.

Carol Sutfin
Corporate DBA
AmSouth Bank
(205)261-5214
[login to unmask email]




"Roger Miller"
<[login to unmask email] To: [login to unmask email]
.COM> cc:
Sent by: "DB2 Subject: Re: [DB2-L] IKJEFT01 Lib parm
Data Base
Discussion List"
<[login to unmask email]
.ORG>


01/10/2005 04:49
PM
Please respond
to "DB2 Database
Discussion list
at IDUG"





IKJEFT01 is usually called TSO. The books you are looking for are
probably here:
http://www.ibm.com/servers/eserver/zseries/zos/bkserv/r6pdf/tsoe.html
There are several LIB options for commands in the TSO/E Command Reference.
http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/epubs/pdf/ikj4c550.pdf

Roger Miller

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 14:23:26 -0600, Jorg Lueke <[login to unmask email]>
wrote:

>Once more I just can't find the right manual to answer a question.
>When using IKJEFT01 is it possible to concatenate more than one library
>using the Lib parm?
>If yes, how and where is that documented?
>
>Thanks
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the IDUG DB2-L list. To unsubscribe, go to the archives and home
page at http://www.idugdb2-l.org/archives/db2-l.html. From that page select
"Join or Leave the list". The IDUG DB2-L FAQ is at http://www.idugdb2-l.org
. The IDUG List Admins can be reached at [login to unmask email]
Find out the latest on IDUG conferences at
http://conferences.idug.org/index.cfm

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to the IDUG DB2-L list. To unsubscribe, go to the archives and home page at http://www.idugdb2-l.org/archives/db2-l.html. From that page select "Join or Leave the list". The IDUG DB2-L FAQ is at http://www.idugdb2-l.org. The IDUG List Admins can be reached at [login to unmask email] Find out the latest on IDUG conferences at http://conferences.idug.org/index.cfm

Jorg Lueke

Re: IKJEFT01 Lib parm
(in response to csutfin@AMSOUTH.COM)
On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 17:04:13 -0600, [login to unmask email] wrote:

>I specify the libraries in a STEPLIB
>
>//STEP2 EXEC PGM=IKJEFT01,
>// DYNAMNBR=20
>//STEPLIB DD DSN=library 1,
>// DISP=SHR
>// DD DSN=library2,
>// DISP=SHR
>
>and then do not use the LIB parm.
>
>Just as easy.
>
>Carol Sutfin
>Corporate DBA
>AmSouth Bank
>(205)261-5214
>[login to unmask email]
>
>
>
>
> "Roger Miller"
> <[login to unmask email] To: [login to unmask email]
L.ORG
> .COM> cc:
> Sent by: "DB2 Subject: Re: [DB2-L]
IKJEFT01 Lib parm
> Data Base
> Discussion List"
> <[login to unmask email]
> .ORG>
>
>
> 01/10/2005 04:49
> PM
> Please respond
> to "DB2 Database
> Discussion list
> at IDUG"
>
>
>
>
>
>IKJEFT01 is usually called TSO. The books you are looking for are
>probably here:
>http://www.ibm.com/servers/eserver/zseries/zos/bkserv/r6pdf/tsoe.html
>There are several LIB options for commands in the TSO/E Command Reference.
>http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/epubs/pdf/ikj4c550.pdf
>
>Roger Miller
>
>On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 14:23:26 -0600, Jorg Lueke <[login to unmask email]>
>wrote:
>
>>Once more I just can't find the right manual to answer a question.
>>When using IKJEFT01 is it possible to concatenate more than one library
>>using the Lib parm?
>>If yes, how and where is that documented?
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------------
------
>
>Welcome to the IDUG DB2-L list. To unsubscribe, go to the archives and home
>page at http://www.idugdb2-l.org/archives/db2-l.html. From that page select
>"Join or Leave the list". The IDUG DB2-L FAQ is at http://www.idugdb2-l.org
>. The IDUG List Admins can be reached at [login to unmask email]
>Find out the latest on IDUG conferences at
>http://conferences.idug.org/index.cfm
>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------------
------
>Welcome to the IDUG DB2-L list. To unsubscribe, go to the archives and
home page at http://www.idugdb2-l.org/archives/db2-l.html. From that page
select "Join or Leave the list". The IDUG DB2-L FAQ is at
http://www.idugdb2-l.org. The IDUG List Admins can be reached at DB2-L-
[login to unmask email] Find out the latest on IDUG conferences at
http://conferences.idug.org/index.cfm

I don't think those are the same thing. The Steplib controls where the
DSN* module is located that is being executed. When running batch DB2
under TSO the Lib command is used to point to the linklib matching the
package you are excuting. Putting the linklib in the steplib doesn't help.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to the IDUG DB2-L list. To unsubscribe, go to the archives and home page at http://www.idugdb2-l.org/archives/db2-l.html. From that page select "Join or Leave the list". The IDUG DB2-L FAQ is at http://www.idugdb2-l.org. The IDUG List Admins can be reached at [login to unmask email] Find out the latest on IDUG conferences at http://conferences.idug.org/index.cfm

Jorg Lueke

Re: IKJEFT01 Lib parm
(in response to Jorg Lueke)
Thanks, those are the references I've been looking for. Although it would
be nice for them to include one example of putting multiple libraries in
one Lib parm. I suppose it must be commas.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to the IDUG DB2-L list. To unsubscribe, go to the archives and home page at http://www.idugdb2-l.org/archives/db2-l.html. From that page select "Join or Leave the list". The IDUG DB2-L FAQ is at http://www.idugdb2-l.org. The IDUG List Admins can be reached at [login to unmask email] Find out the latest on IDUG conferences at http://conferences.idug.org/index.cfm

Kirk Hampton

Re: IKJEFT01 Lib parm
(in response to Jorg Lueke)
Jorg,
If you are talking about the LIB operand of the RUN command,
for example:
RUN PROGRAM(program name) PLAN(plan name) LIB('link lib name')
that is a DB2 command, not a subcommand of TSO or IKJEFT01. The LIB
option will dynamically allocate that library and then search only that
library for
the program named in the RUN command.
If you want to search more than one library, just eliminate the LIB
option
and put all your libraries in a STEPLIB concatenation.

Kirk Hampton
DB2 z/OS Sysprog
IBM Certified Solutions Expert - DB2 V7 Database Administration OS/390
Capgemini Energy
Dallas, Texas




Jorg Lueke
<[login to unmask email] To: [login to unmask email]
S.COM> cc:
Sent by: DB2 Data Subject: Re: [DB2-L] IKJEFT01 Lib parm
Base Discussion
List
<[login to unmask email]
ORG>


01/11/2005 07:58
AM
Please respond to
DB2 Database
Discussion list
at IDUG






Thanks, those are the references I've been looking for. Although it would
be nice for them to include one example of putting multiple libraries in
one Lib parm. I suppose it must be commas.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the IDUG DB2-L list. To unsubscribe, go to the archives and home
page at http://www.idugdb2-l.org/archives/db2-l.html. From that page select
"Join or Leave the list". The IDUG DB2-L FAQ is at http://www.idugdb2-l.org
. The IDUG List Admins can be reached at [login to unmask email]
Find out the latest on IDUG conferences at
http://conferences.idug.org/index.cfm







*********************************************************************************
Confidentiality Notice: This email message, including any attachments,
contains or may contain confidential information intended only for the
addressee. If you are not an intended recipient of this message, be
advised that any reading, dissemination, forwarding, printing, copying
or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If
you have received this message in error, please notify the sender
immediately by reply message and delete this email message and any
attachments from your system.
*********************************************************************************
TXU Energy (REP Certificate No. 10004) and TXU Power are not
the same company as TXU Electric Delivery and are not regulated
by the Public Utility Commission of Texas, and you do not have to
buy TXU Energy's or TXU Power's products to continue to receive
quality regulated services from TXU Electric Delivery.
*********************************************************************************

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to the IDUG DB2-L list. To unsubscribe, go to the archives and home page at http://www.idugdb2-l.org/archives/db2-l.html. From that page select "Join or Leave the list". The IDUG DB2-L FAQ is at http://www.idugdb2-l.org. The IDUG List Admins can be reached at [login to unmask email] Find out the latest on IDUG conferences at http://conferences.idug.org/index.cfm

Jorg Lueke

Re: IKJEFT01 Lib parm
(in response to Kirk Hampton)
Aha!

Apperently we've had people using an Include Lib and trying the
concatenation there. That wasn't working. Then there seems to the process
to code the LIB parm in the Run program sysin which has been going on since
before I left high school.

Adding the correct concatenation to the steplib and not using the LIB works
wonderfully. This is much simpler as well.

Sorry if I;ve confused anyone and thanks to all for helping me get this
straight in my mind.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to the IDUG DB2-L list. To unsubscribe, go to the archives and home page at http://www.idugdb2-l.org/archives/db2-l.html. From that page select "Join or Leave the list". The IDUG DB2-L FAQ is at http://www.idugdb2-l.org. The IDUG List Admins can be reached at [login to unmask email] Find out the latest on IDUG conferences at http://conferences.idug.org/index.cfm