Share-a-Ride from the airport - solution - add arrival information here - search "[rendezvous point]" for additional instructions

Mike Skaff

Share-a-Ride from the airport - solution - add arrival information here - search "[rendezvous point]" for additional instructions
[rendezvous point]



Here is a suggested process to share a ride from the airport to the
Hyatt at the Denver Convention Center.



1. Establish a rendezvous point - I suggest meeting by THE FOUNTAIN
in the main terminal . You can't miss it! It will in front of you
after you come up the escalator... everybody must walk by it.. as it is
the only path out of the airport terminal.

2. Establish a well define identification symbol - I suggest
fashioning a sign on a regular size piece of paper...Print in LARGE
LETTERS "IDUG" on your sign. When making your sign...be
creative...be expressive...make your sign reflective of who you are!!!
YOU are a DB2 USER for Pete sake!!! BE ARTISTIC!!! *<:-}

3. Post your sign PROUDLY as you come up the escalator and stand by
THE FOUNTAIN!!! SMILE you may just attract attention!!

4. Look for others that are also PROUDLY posting their signs. Meet
them...Greet them!!!!



OK... here is where it gets sort of tricky...Baggage Claim and Ground
Transportation are on both the East and West side of the Terminal. The
airline you flew on will depend on which side you need to go.
http://www.flydenver.com/maps/inside/terminal.asp



Baggage claim on Westside: Air Canada, Alaska, American, British
Airways, Lufthansa, Mexicana, Northwest, and United

Baggage claim on Eastside: AirTran, Alaska, Continental, Delta,
Frontier, Great Lakes, jetBlue, Midwest, Southwest, Southern Skyways, US
airways



Hopefully this helps to get a few of you together to share a ride, I am
sure you can figure out the rest on your own.



You know... this just may work!!!



See ya soon!



Mike Skaff

IDUG 2009 - NACPC - Chairperson



Database Manager

Financial Services Infrastructure Services

First Data

6200 S. Quebec St., Suite 3000W

Greenwood Village, CO 80111



303.967.8329 direct

303.386.2388 mobile

[login to unmask email]



http://www.firstdata.com < http://www.firstdata.com/ >











From: IDUG NA [mailto:[login to unmask email] On
Behalf Of Isaac Yassin
Sent: Wednesday, May 06, 2009 1:08 PM
To: [login to unmask email]
Subject: Re: [IDUG-NA] Transportation



Let's go for it :-)




Isaac Yassin
IBM Certified Solution Expert
IBM Certified Database Administrator - DB2 for z/OS V8 & 9
IDUG Israel RUG



2009/5/6 Willie Favero <[login to unmask email]>

Interesting..

I actually arrive at 10:26 AM on CO799... I rounded up because I have
luggage to retrieve.. but we will be in the same terminal... Sharing a
taxi would be about the same as taking a shuttle, maybe just a few
dollars more..

Willie


Isaac Yassin wrote:

Hi Willie



I arrive at nearly the same time (10:50 AM on CO0528 from Newark)



Isaac Yassin



On 06/05/2009, Willie Favero <[login to unmask email]> wrote:

Yup, that's SuperShuttle.. and usually all twelve people are at
different hotels...
I like to coordinate with one or two other people and grab a taxi...
sharing a cab is about the same cost as SuperShuttle...

BTW, I arrive on Monday at about 11:00 AM....

Willie



Jorg Lueke wrote:

Is super shuttle that service where they drive around until they pack
twelve
people into a van like sardines and then drop you off at the various
hotels?






--
Willie
My DB2 blog --> http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/database/db2zos
Houston, TX, USA




--
Isaac Yassin
IBM Certified Solution Expert
IBM Certified Database Administrator - DB2 for z/OS V8 & 9
IDUG Israel RUG






--
Willie
My DB2 blog --> http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/database/db2zos
Houston, TX, USA






-----------------------------------------
The information in this message may be proprietary and/or
confidential, and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent
responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or
copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify First Data
immediately by replying to this message and deleting it from your
computer.

William Favero

Re: Share-a-Ride from the airport - solution - add arrival information here - search "[rendezvous point]" for additional instructions
(in response to Mike Skaff)
Denver airport lets you pick up luggage now?..... LOL

Just joking...

Willie

Skaff, Michael J. wrote:
>
> [rendezvous point]
>
>
>
> Here is a suggested process to share a ride from the airport to the
> Hyatt at the Denver Convention Center.
>
>
>
> 1. Establish a rendezvous point -- I suggest meeting by THE
> FOUNTAIN in the main terminal . You can't miss it! It will in front
> of you after you come up the escalator... everybody must walk by it..
> as it is the only path out of the airport terminal.
>
> 2. Establish a well define identification symbol -- I suggest
> fashioning a sign on a regular size piece of paper...Print in LARGE
> LETTERS "IDUG" on your sign. When making your sign...be
> creative...be expressive...make your sign reflective of who you
> are!!! YOU are a DB2 USER for Pete sake!!! BE ARTISTIC!!! *<:-}
>
> 3. Post your sign PROUDLY as you come up the escalator and stand
> by THE FOUNTAIN!!! SMILE you may just attract attention!!
>
> 4. Look for others that are also PROUDLY posting their signs.
> Meet them...Greet them!!!!
>
>
>
> OK... here is where it gets sort of tricky...Baggage Claim and Ground
> Transportation are on both the East and West side of the Terminal.
> The airline you flew on will depend on which side you need to go.
> http://www.flydenver.com/maps/inside/terminal.asp
>
>
>
> Baggage claim on Westside: Air Canada, Alaska, American, British
> Airways, Lufthansa, Mexicana, Northwest, and United
>
> Baggage claim on Eastside: AirTran, Alaska, Continental, Delta,
> Frontier, Great Lakes, jetBlue, Midwest, Southwest, Southern Skyways,
> US airways
>
>
>
> Hopefully this helps to get a few of you together to share a ride, I
> am sure you can figure out the rest on your own.
>
>
>
> You know... this just may work!!!
>
>
>
> See ya soon!
>
>
>
> Mike Skaff
>
> IDUG 2009 -- NACPC - Chairperson
>
>
>
> Database Manager
>
> Financial Services Infrastructure Services
>
> First Data
>
> 6200 S. Quebec St., Suite 3000W
>
> Greenwood Village, CO 80111
>
>
>
> 303.967.8329 direct
>
> 303.386.2388 mobile
>
> [login to unmask email] <mailto:[login to unmask email]>__
>
>
>
> http://www.firstdata.com < http://www.firstdata.com/ >
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> *From:* IDUG NA
> [mailto:[login to unmask email] *On Behalf Of
> *Isaac Yassin
> *Sent:* Wednesday, May 06, 2009 1:08 PM
> *To:* [login to unmask email]
> *Subject:* Re: [IDUG-NA] Transportation
>
>
>
> Let's go for it :-)
>
>
>
>
> Isaac Yassin
> IBM Certified Solution Expert
> IBM Certified Database Administrator - DB2 for z/OS V8 & 9
> IDUG Israel RUG
>
> 2009/5/6 Willie Favero <[login to unmask email]
> <mailto:[login to unmask email]>>
>
> Interesting..
>
> I actually arrive at 10:26 AM on CO799... I rounded up because I have
> luggage to retrieve.. but we will be in the same terminal... Sharing
> a taxi would be about the same as taking a shuttle, maybe just a few
> dollars more..
>
> Willie
>
>
> Isaac Yassin wrote:
>
> Hi Willie
>
>
>
> I arrive at nearly the same time (10:50 AM on CO0528 from Newark)
>
>
>
> Isaac Yassin
>
>
>
> On 06/05/2009, *Willie Favero* <[login to unmask email]
> <mailto:[login to unmask email]>> wrote:
>
> Yup, that's SuperShuttle.. and usually all twelve people are at
> different hotels...
> I like to coordinate with one or two other people and grab a taxi...
> sharing a cab is about the same cost as SuperShuttle...
>
> BTW, I arrive on Monday at about 11:00 AM....
>
> Willie
>
>
>
> Jorg Lueke wrote:
>
> Is super shuttle that service where they drive around until they pack
> twelve
> people into a van like sardines and then drop you off at the various
> hotels?
>
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> Willie
> My DB2 blog --> http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/database/db2zos
> Houston, TX, USA
>
>
>
>
> --
> Isaac Yassin
> IBM Certified Solution Expert
> IBM Certified Database Administrator - DB2 for z/OS V8 & 9
> IDUG Israel RUG
>
>
>
>
> --
> Willie
> My DB2 blog --> http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/database/db2zos
> Houston, TX, USA
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> *The information in this message may be proprietary and/or
> confidential, and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this
> message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent
> responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you
> are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of
> this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
> communication in error, please notify First Data immediately by
> replying to this message and deleting it from your computer. *
>

--
Willie
My DB2 blog --> http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/database/db2zos
Houston, TX, USA