So the best thing to do when posting is to let the list know what
you have looked at first, then post with enough details to help the
list know what is going on. Since you can see all the answers to
the questions that will probably be asked, providing as much detail
in the initial posting will help reduce the questions and
potentially wrong information.
1. A List is not a help desk.
2. When posting, the more details the better the response and
possibly the answer
3. Is this the first time the job ran?
4. Has this job run successfully before? If so, what changed
besides the DB2 V11 upgrade to CM.
a. Extra data?
b. Program change?
c. Operating system changes?
d. Are there other jobs like this also failing or just this
5. When posting, show some research has been done. If all you post
is an error code without context, you will either get no responses
or very few
6. Before posting search the internet. You favorite web browser may
surprise you on what it can find
7. It also helps to know your level of experience with DB2. The way
the responses are given could be related to believing expert vs
novice. Or DBA vs. Application programmer
You message you posted says
00E40347 Explanation: This utility's main task is abending because
one of its subtasks terminated abnormally. The subtask itself
issues an abend before this one is issued.
This means you are not looking at the correct error in your output.
So go back and find all errors and interesting messages. Look them
up and see if you can see what is wrong.
There are a lot of ways to research DB2 errors. Starting with the
Job that was run, the DB2 MSTR/DBM JOB logs, the syslog and other
areas. Use the instructions provided by IBM for collecting
information on DB2 issues.
Finding the true error is a skill that is learned by researching
the issues and taking notes.
Good luck starting the hunt on what your issue is. Should you find
you need more help, then include complete details.
* If it failed in SORT, then find your ICE messages. Look for any
ending in an A or E. Post the complete messages – typically
the entire ICE (DFSORT) output would be good to include
* If it failed in dataset allocations, find your IGD, IEC, DSN
messages related to that failure
* Look for any DSNT500I messages in syslog to see what may have
happened to your job
* Look in the JOB LOG of your job to see if there are any other
interesting error messages.
DB2 is a good product. It provides a lot of details. Sometimes so
much you have to really search to find the true cause. The DB2
output listing of the job is only the beginning.
From: JITINDER CHOUDHARY [mailto:[login to unmask email]
Sent: Thursday, October 05, 2017 6:23 AM
To: [login to unmask email]
Subject: [DB2-L] - RE: DSNUGBAC - UTILITY DATA BASE SERVICES MEMORY
EXECUTION ABENDED, REASON=X'00E40347'
If any one faced this issue after DB2 v11 upgrade in CM mode.
Please suggest how to fix this issue.
Thanks in Advance!!!
-----End Original Message-----