Hello again to our IDUG members all over the world! At the moment (although I’m almost hesitant to even say it), it finally does feel like our world may be expanding a bit, after contracting so much as it has over what has now been more than two years of this global pandemic.
Here’s an exciting snapshot of IDUG so far in 2022:
- Two weekends ago, the IDUG Board of Directors held what was only its second face-to-face board meeting in the last two years
- Last weekend, the EMEA Conference Planning Committee held its second face-to-face meeting since 2019
- This weekend, the NA Conference Planning Committee will hold its first face-to-face meeting since 2019
Our very strong volunteer leadership program held IDUG together during this pandemic. So it is so wonderful to now be starting to get together in person to strengthen our personal bonds while we rejuvenate our professional organization.
Our NA conference will be IDUG’s first hybrid event where you can participate on-site (to experience the full conference) or online (for access to select sessions). We are now promoting several new group membership packages and we will soon be announcing our grid of technical sessions and expert speakers.
I have three opportunities for you to consider to bolster your career development and to enhance your effective utilization of Db2 in 2022 and beyond:
- Register here to attend the 2022 IDUG NA Db2 Tech Conference in Boston, USA, on July 11-14.
- Send in an abstract here to present at the 2022 IDUG EMEA Db2 Tech Conference in Edinburgh, Scotland, on October 22-26.
- Follow IDUG in your favorite social media channels (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter) to receive the latest and greatest about IDUG and Db2, including these NA and EMEA conferences and about other 2022 IDUG events across the globe.
IDUG is honored to support and strengthen everyone in this community by providing the highest quality education and services for Db2. Until next time—wherever you may be reading this—stay healthy and stay safe.