Join us for the next DB2 Tech Talk: Technical Tour of DB2 10 and InfoSphere Warehouse 10 – a not to be missed technical tour of the key new features in these products.
Date: Thursday, April 26, 2012
Time: 12:30 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. Eastern Time
This technical tour will cover powerful new features that can help lower operational costs, improve productivity, ease development and enhance reliability:
- Storage Optimization advances, such as Adaptive Compression and Multi-Temperature Data Storage, which are designed to optimize the storage environment and system performance.
- SQL Compatibility enhancements that make it even faster and easier to migrate from Oracle Database to DB2
- Time Travel Query, which provides native temporal support, enabling you to better support your business, and more easily meet compliance and data retention needs
- Real-time operational data warehousing, with features such as data ingest and query performance enhancements, that are designed to enable better and faster business decisions
- Not Only SQL (NoSQL) capabilities that help you implement models beyond relational, such as unstructured XML data and RDF graph triple data.
Handling these new types of data along with relational data is becoming a requirement in the next generation of applications. This technical tour is the first DB2 Tech Talk on the DB2 10 and InfoSphere Warehouse 10 product releases. Additional DB2 Tech Talks will be offered throughout 2012 to provide a “deep dive” discussion of the features in these product releases. We hope you can attend this important kick-off!