DB2 - L

View Only
  • 1.  How to remove 'AREOR' status from a tablespace

Posted Aug 11, 2022 10:43 AM

I ran a command 'ALTER TABLESPACE DBDV36JP.HMTMACCT MAXPARTITIONS 1;'  to convert the segmented TS to PBG.

Then the tablespace status became RW,AREOR. I ran a reorg and ran a command STAFO to remove AREOR but it doesn't go away.

How can I remove AREOR status?

Thank you,

James

******************* Confidentiality Notice ********************** This email and any file transmitted with it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you received this email in error, please notify the Comptroller's System Manager by forwarding this message to postmaster@marylandtaxes.gov *****************************************************************

• 2.  RE: How to remove 'AREOR' status from a tablespace

Posted Aug 11, 2022 10:44 AM
    Hi,
    Did the reorg-job ended correctly ? 

greetings, 

Patrick Steurs

• 3.  RE: How to remove 'AREOR' status from a tablespace

Posted Aug 11, 2022 10:45 AM

The REORG utility must use either SHRLEVEL REFERENCE or SHRLEVEL CHANGE.

• 4.  RE: How to remove 'AREOR' status from a tablespace

Posted Aug 11, 2022 10:58 AM

I ran a reorg with SHRLEVEL REFERENCE and AREOR status is gone and the TS got converted to a PBG.

Thank you,

• 5.  RE: How to remove 'AREOR' status from a tablespace

Posted Nov 06, 2022 01:03 PM
    Just adding a new information.

Recently I had a problem to remove AREOR status during a PBR-table change on DB2 v12, although I was used SHRLEVEL REFERENCE. For some reason (it's not clear to me) FASTSWITCH must be YES.

Check if your REORG got a DSN1165I message, that means:
    To materialize the pending definition changes, run REORG with SHRLEVEL REFERENCE or SHRLEVEL CHANGE and do not specify FASTSWITCH NO.

Cheers

------------------------------
    Jose CiceroSilva FilhoIBM Brasil
    ------------------------------