Monday, June 14, 2:15 - 5:30 p.m. EST
Instructor: Mohankumar Saraswatipura, Kronsys Inc.
This course is designed for experienced Db2 database administrators (Linux, UNIX and Windows). The goal is to prepare DBAs with the below listed intermediate to advanced topics.
Db2 v11.5 pureScale:
1. What’s new in Db2 v11.5?
2. Introduction to Db2 pureScale
3. Internals of Db2 pureScale
- The use of local and global locking to support application concurrency
- The use of page level locks
- Monitoring lock related statistics
- Explicit Hierarchical Locking (EHL) to remove data sharing overhead
- The components that interact with Db2 Cluster Services to manage cluster availability
- The storage architecture and Spectrum file system for pureScale
4. Installation and management of pureScale cluster
- How to install Db2 pureScale feature
- Start and stop of the cluster
- Configure database manager and database members
- Adding or removing member and cluster caching facility server
- Performing database fix pack upgrade and release upgrade
5. Backup and Recovery in a pureScale environment
6. Monitoring and problem determination in a pureScale environment