As 2013 comes to a close, I must pause a moment to reflect on the great successes I have seen over the past year. It has been a quite a ride thanks to our members, dedicated volunteers and partners. Here’s a look back at highlights from our 25th anniversary year:
- IDUG joined the IBM Customer Advisory Councils (CAC) for DB2 LUW and z/OS.
- The DB2 11 for z/OS technical white paper with a user perspective.
- The IDUG DB2 Tech Conference in Barcelona was the first place to hear straight from DB2 11 IBM Developers and attend sessions about migration plans.
- The IDUG DB2 Tech Conference in Orlando was the first conference to feature in-depth sessions about DB2 10.5 with BLU Acceleration.
- Sheryl Larsen delivered the keynote presentation at the IDUG DB2 Tech Conference in Melbourne as a new member of the IBM team.
- All three conferences celebrated DB2’s 30th anniversary.
- Sheryl Larsen’s Advanced SQL training materials became available to IDUG members.
- IDUG once again offered free IBM certification exams at our North American and EMEA DB2 Tech Conferences. Both of these events had the highest ever pass rates in 2013!
On a personal note, I spent this Thanksgiving day at the Louis Stoke Cleveland VA Medical Center. Seeing our aging and wounded veterans as they work to put their lives back together and the care that the dedicated staff at this facility was providing, truly gave me something to be thankful for.
Wishing you a happy and healthy holiday season,