Thanks to sponsorship from IBM, IDUG is very proud to be part of enabling this new initiative for disseminating technical content to the DB2 community. With the unlimited bandwidth and capacity provided by the BrightTALK platform, the IDUG DB2 Tech Channel (www.idug-db2.com) has the potential of becoming the youtube for DB2 professionals worldwide.
You will find fresh new content out there related to the recently announced DB2 10 for LUW, as well as existing DB2 Tech Talks published earlier this year. Additional DB2 Tech Talks will be offered throughout 2012 to provide a “deep dive” discussion of the features in this product release.
Apart from what is already in the pipeline for DB2 10 for LUW, the future plans for enriching the content on the IDUG DB2 Tech Channel includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Genuine new content generated as part of IDUG’s worldwide events
- Educational sessions that will help bring out the next generation of DB2 DBA’s as well as broaden the DB2 know-how amongst the application developer communities
- DB2 10 for z/OS focused re-hosted content around timely topics like for instance migration and reducing cost
- Revival of old gems in the IDUG video archives which deserve a first class display for community consumption
- Vendor sponsored technical content that serves the educational needs of the DB2 community
We have now integrated the IDUG DB2 Tech Channel into our web site at www.idug.org. You can view the channel directly via the Tech Channel drop-down menu. First time visitors will be required to register, but we do promise that we will make this small effort worthwile. Once registered, allowing cookies in your browser will ensure that you can seamlessly use the integration from within idug.org that is now being made available.
We look forward to hearing your feedback on the IDUG DB2 Tech Channel!