Topic: DB2 for LUW
Are you a Database Administrator on DB2 LUW’s single partitioned databases and getting ready to work on a DPF (multi-partitioned) databases?
In this presentation, we share top 10 practical points that a single partitioned DBA needs to know to get head start on administering/managing a DPF database.
Our goal is to highlight the differences in managing a DPF database compared to a single partitioned DB2 database. You will walk away with tips, techniques and gotchas that we have learned along the way in managing multi-terabyte DPF databases.
1) Understand high level overview of how a DPF database works; Discuss Physical/Logical partitions and workload types for DPF vs. single-partitioned databases
2) How to run commands on DPF machines -- rah and db2_all; When to use which one?
3) Tables – Best practices to follow in a hash partitioning strategy
4) SQL Queries -- Understand how to analyze Explain plan in a DPF database
5) Identify and use Catalog tables in a DPF database
6) DB2 Utilities -- Backup, Restore, Runstats, Load, Export, Import – How are they different in a DPF system
7) Data skew and processing skew – Detect and mitigating ideas
8) Understand Index Cardinality in a DPF database – How is this metric different from a single partitioned database
9) Analyzing content in db2diag.log files
10) DPF related options in db2top, db2pd and other miscellaneous topics
Click Here to Download
NOTE: These are only open to members of IDUG. If you are not a member, please CLICK HERE for more information.