Topic: 2013 EMEA
Subtopic: DB2 for z/OS
Free space management is an essential technique used in the DB2 data base management that improves performance of OLTP transactions. DB2 V11 for z/os provides space management enhancement that reduces indirect reference resulting in improved query performance.
The presenter will provide a comprehensive overview of free space management and its usage technique in order to benefits this feature in OLTP transactions.
The contents includes:
1. Introduction to DB2 free space management
2. The cause of indirect reference
3. The performance impact of indirect reference
4. V11 enhancements for indirect reference
5. V11 early performance result
Click Here to Download
NOTE: These are only open to members of IDUG. If you are not a member, please CLICK HERE for more information.