COMPLIMENTARY: DB2 BLU Acceleration for the Cloud
When: Friday May 16th, 2014 - 08:00 AM to 02:00 PM
Need to get started using DB2 quickly and at a low cost? Need BI and Data warehousing in-memory computing fast? Attend this technical workshop where you will learn about the exciting new enhancements with DB2 BLU, how they relate to Cloud implementations and how they can provide data insights to your organization fast and easily.
DB2 on the Cloud is available in several pre-installed, pre-configured editions of DB2 to support needs that range from a small workgroup to advanced enterprise data applications. These environments can meet a variety of needs including development, test, online transaction processing and more.
BLU Acceleration for Cloud, recently released as a public technology preview, is designed to provide self-service BI or data warehousing in a simple agile cloud-based in-memory computing solution. It includes an option to use BLU Acceleration with Cognos BI so that you can get insights from your data very quickly and affordably.
COMPLIMENTARY: DB2 11 Migration Planning Workshop
When: Friday May 16th 2014 - 08:00 AM to 02:00 PM
DB2 10 set the stage to “give back”. DB2 11 does this again with more out of the box performance improvements, greater migration flexibility, many optimization's, administration, and application features.
- Versioning of information expands beyond temporal management into archiving of data.
- Online schema evolution continues to provide more ways to enhance database designs while maintaining information availability.
- The DB2 11 optimizer provides insights into the statistics it needs to make the best decisions.
- The DPSI is back with enhanced optimization and parallelism.
- The Native SQL Procedures Language keeps getting better. Have you been looking for an array? Look at DB2 11.
- DB2 for z/OS SQL, aided by industry leading optimization, continues to push transactional performance and expands native analytical capability with new Group By options and integration with Big Data via Hadoop.
- Distributed communications are a blast. Literally. Learn about this new communication protocol.
- Do you use external security? It now communicates with DB2.
- DB2 11 provides flexible paths to expand RBA / LRSNs, assisting Data Sharing high volume insert processing and eliminating logging restrictions.
What is the Migration Planning Workshop (MPW)?
- One-day, comprehensive review of the capabilities, considerations, preparations, and project planning for DB2 11.
- This offering enables customers to understand the breadth of features delivered in DB2 for z/OS versions.
- The enhanced migration process is explained.
- Leave the session with materials that you can use to start your installation / migration immediately, or in the future.
For more information download the DB2 11 Migration Planning Workshop trifold