DB2 UDB DBA
An Indiana based staffing firm is looking for a highly motivated DB2
UDB DBA to drive down cost and improve efficiency for a large
client. The candidate must have considerable experience with DB2
UDB DBMS technologies on various operating systems, such as Solaris
and AIX. This candidate will primarily be responsible for the
migration of data maintained in VSAM datasets on the mainframe via
ETL software to DB2 UDB databases on an AIX platform. Additionally,
the candidate should have considerable knowledge and experience with
UNIX scripting. This role will interface with development users and
operational staff. A candidate with a good working knowledge of
multiple DBMS platforms such as Oracle, Informix or MySQL is not
required, but would be beneficial.
This is a permanent position, and they client is looking to hire
Interested candidates please contact:
Manager of IT Staffing
[login to unmask email]
* Monitor and troubleshoot ETL and database processes on UNIX.
* Works closely with operations staff and change management to
implement database maintenance and changes.
* Assists DBA's in keeping RDBMS at current release and
* Assists DBA's in improving efficiency of database
* Works with development to ensure applications run
successfully and are optimally tuned.
* Assists in implementing data security.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent 5+
years of DBA experience.
* 5+ years of DBA experience with DB2 UDB.
* 5+ years of experience in a UNIX environment.
* 5+ years of experience with SQL.
* Ability to perform daily maintenance, and performance tuning
* Ability to efficiently manage space.
* Ability to insure adequate database backups and perform
recovery when needed.
* Support proprietary systems and in-house developed
applications and services.
* Strong knowledge of UNIX shell scripting.
* Experience with 24x7 production support.
Strongly Preferred (not mandatory):
* Application database development background.
* Experience with data analysis.
* Experience with ERwin, Visio or similar database\process
modeling and design tools
* Experience with ETL tools such as Ascential Datastage,
Informatica, or Ab Initio
* Experience with distributed system architecture
* Ability to optimize query performance.
* Familiarity with WebLogic/JBoss and Java.
* Experience with multiple DBMS platforms such as SQL Server,
Oracle, MySQL or Informix.
Other Qualities Required:
* Ability to interact with architects, IT management and
* Ability to follow the system development life cycle and
process database changes through development, QA, and production
* Strong oral and written communications skills, including
communicating. technical information to a non-technical audience.
* Self-motivated and able to work independently.
* Highly motivated team player.
* Ability to thrive in a hi-energy, dynamic environment.
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments,
is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential
and privileged information or otherwise protected by law. Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy
all copies of the original message.
Welcome to the DB2 User Group - Indiana list. To unsubscribe, go to the archives and home page at http://www.idugdb2-l.org/archives/DB2-UG-Indiana.html. From that page select "Join or Leave the list". The IDUG Listserv FAQ is at http://www.idugdb2-l.org. The DB2 User Group - Indiana List Admins can be reached at [login to unmask email] Find out the latest on IDUG conferences at http://conferences.idug.org/index.cfm