Error in imagecopy job

Logaa

Error in imagecopy job
Hi List,
 
We are using DB2 Version 9 in ZOS . Our Production Imagecopy job is constantly
failing today with storage abends.
UTILITY DATA BASE SERVICES MEMORY EXECUTION ABENDED, REASON=X'00E20015'
UTILITY DATA BASE SERVICES MEMORY EXECUTION ABENDED, REASON=X'00E20015'
UTILITY DATA BASE SERVICES MEMORY EXECUTION ABENDED, REASON=X'00E20013'
We migrated old image copy datasets , increased region size and  many other
options done by storage team but still it is unresolved.
It has put the utilties in stop status and not allows other jobs to use the
tablespace.
can you pls help us in getting rid of the above abend?
 
Thanks,
Logaa

_________________________________________________________________

Register NOW for the IDUG DB2 Tech Conference in Anaheim, May 2-6, 2011!
_________________________________________________________________
International DB2 User Group (IDUG) - Independent, not-for-profit, User Run
Your only source for independent, unbiased, and trusted DB2 information

Chris Hoelscher

Re: Error in imagecopy job
(in response to Logaa)
00E20015

Explanation:

The allocate stack function, which is always unconditional, requested
storage from GETMAIN to obtain a stack segment. GETMAIN indicated that 8K
bytes of private area storage in subpool 229 was not available.


Problem Determination:

Diagnostic information is recorded in SYS1.LOGREC, and a DB2 dump is
requested. There is probably a shortage of private area storage in the
address space in which the failure occurred. Register 2 contains the ASID,
in hexadecimal, of the private area to be printed.

Collect the following diagnostic items:

o Console output from the system on which the job was run, and a listing
of the SYSLOG data set for the period of time spanning the failure.

o Dynamic dump, taken to SYS1.DUMPxx data set, by DB2 (04E and 04F
abends).

o SVC dump (or system dump), taken to SYS1.DUMPxx data set, as result of
an operator-initiated dump command or SLIP trap exit.

o Listing of SYS1.LOGREC data set, obtained by executing IFCEREP1.











Chris Hoelscher
IDMS & DB2 Database Administrator
502-476-2538

I refuse to repeat gossip - so listen closely the first time

From: IDUG DB2-L [mailto:[login to unmask email] On Behalf Of LS T
Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2011 12:41 PM
To: [login to unmask email]
Subject: [DB2-L] Error in imagecopy job


Hi List,



We are using DB2 Version 9 in ZOS . Our Production Imagecopy job is constantly failing today with storage abends.

UTILITY DATA BASE SERVICES MEMORY EXECUTION ABENDED, REASON=X'00E20015'
UTILITY DATA BASE SERVICES MEMORY EXECUTION ABENDED, REASON=X'00E20015'
UTILITY DATA BASE SERVICES MEMORY EXECUTION ABENDED, REASON=X'00E20013'

We migrated old image copy datasets , increased region size and many other options done by storage team but still it is unresolved.

It has put the utilties in stop status and not allows other jobs to use the tablespace.

can you pls help us in getting rid of the above abend?



Thanks,

Logaa

________________________________

[Independent, not-for-profit, User Run - the IDUG difference! ] < http://www.idug.org/top-spotlight/mentor.html >

The IDUG DB2-L Listserv is only part of your membership in IDUG. If you are not already an IDUG member, please register here. < http://www.idug.org/register >


The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain CONFIDENTIAL material. If you receive this material/information in error, please contact the sender and delete or destroy the material/information.

_________________________________________________________________

Register NOW for the IDUG DB2 Tech Conference in Anaheim, May 2-6, 2011!
_________________________________________________________________
International DB2 User Group (IDUG) - Independent, not-for-profit, User Run
Your only source for independent, unbiased, and trusted DB2 information


Avram Friedman

Re: Error in imagecopy job
(in response to Chris Hoelscher)
Failing today? Meaning they worked just fine yesterday? or are you hiding something from us?
If failing today and worked fine yesterday it sounds like a memory leak.
You will need the SYSLOG messages and LOGREC to start the PMR or your own research route.

The 2 most common user errors are
Region Size (which you claim to of addressedou did use REGION=0M Ofcourse if it was a REGION= problem it would not of worked yesterday)
Operating system exit that limits storage allocations (would not of worked yesterday)

Best wishes
Avram Friedman

On Wed, 4 May 2011 09:40:47 -0700, LS T <[login to unmask email]> wrote:

>Hi List,

We are using DB2 Version 9 in ZOS . Our Production Imagecopy job is constantly
failing today with storage abends.
UTILITY DATA BASE SERVICES MEMORY EXECUTION ABENDED, REASON=X'00E20015'
UTILITY DATA BASE SERVICES MEMORY EXECUTION ABENDED, REASON=X'00E20015'
UTILITY DATA BASE SERVICES MEMORY EXECUTION ABENDED, REASON=X'00E20013'
We migrated old�image copy datasets , increased region size and� many other
options done by storage team but still it is unresolved.
It has put the utilties in stop status and not allows other jobs to use the
tablespace.
can you pls help us in getting rid of the above abend?

Thanks,
Logaa
>
>_________________________________________________________________
>
>Register NOW for the IDUG DB2 Tech Conference in Anaheim, May 2-6, 2011!
>_________________________________________________________________
> International DB2 User Group (IDUG) - Independent, not-for-profit, User Run
> Your only source for independent, unbiased, and trusted DB2 information
>
>

_________________________________________________________________

Register NOW for the IDUG DB2 Tech Conference in Anaheim, May 2-6, 2011!
_________________________________________________________________
International DB2 User Group (IDUG) - Independent, not-for-profit, User Run
Your only source for independent, unbiased, and trusted DB2 information

Logaa

Re: Error in imagecopy job
(in response to Avram Friedman)
Hi,

Yes previous day it was fine.

The first image  copy error was as below
 
DSNU032E I/O ERROR ON WORKFILE ,TAB01001,IMC00202,8C04,D,C1LP0002,READ
DSNU040I 123 01:37:35.86 DSNUGSDA - ERROR ACCESSING DDNAME C1LP0002,
DECB=X'41000000008000000003B34012C810000003DA20'
DSNU016I 123 01:37:37.94 DSNUGBAC - UTILITY BATCH MEMORY EXECUTION ABENDED,
 
and next run errors were as given in the mail.
 
Thanks,
Logaa




________________________________
From: Avram Friedman <[login to unmask email]>
To: [login to unmask email]
Sent: Wed, May 4, 2011 10:57:44 PM
Subject: Re: [DB2-L] Error in imagecopy job

Failing today? Meaning they worked just fine yesterday? or are you hiding
something from us?
If failing today and worked fine yesterday it sounds like a memory leak.
You will need the SYSLOG messages and LOGREC to start the PMR or your own
research route.

The 2 most common user errors are
Region Size (which you claim to of addressedou did use REGION=0M  Ofcourse if it
was a REGION= problem it would not of worked yesterday)
Operating system exit that limits storage allocations (would not of worked
yesterday)

Best wishes
Avram Friedman

On Wed, 4 May 2011 09:40:47 -0700, LS T <[login to unmask email]> wrote:

>Hi List,

We are using DB2 Version 9 in ZOS . Our Production Imagecopy job is constantly
failing today with storage abends.
UTILITY DATA BASE SERVICES MEMORY EXECUTION ABENDED, REASON=X'00E20015'
UTILITY DATA BASE SERVICES MEMORY EXECUTION ABENDED, REASON=X'00E20015'
UTILITY DATA BASE SERVICES MEMORY EXECUTION ABENDED, REASON=X'00E20013'
We migrated old�image copy datasets , increased region size and� many other
options done by storage team but still it is unresolved.
It has put the utilties in stop status and not allows other jobs to use the
tablespace.
can you pls help us in getting rid of the above abend?

Thanks,
Logaa
>
>_________________________________________________________________
>
>Register NOW for the IDUG DB2 Tech Conference in Anaheim, May 2-6, 2011!
>_________________________________________________________________
> International DB2 User Group (IDUG) - Independent, not-for-profit, User Run
>  Your only source for independent, unbiased, and trusted DB2 information
>
>

_________________________________________________________________

Register NOW for the IDUG DB2 Tech Conference in Anaheim, May 2-6, 2011!
_________________________________________________________________
International DB2 User Group (IDUG) - Independent, not-for-profit, User Run
  Your only source for independent, unbiased, and trusted DB2 information


_________________________________________________________________

Register NOW for the IDUG DB2 Tech Conference in Anaheim, May 2-6, 2011!
_________________________________________________________________
International DB2 User Group (IDUG) - Independent, not-for-profit, User Run
Your only source for independent, unbiased, and trusted DB2 information

Avram Friedman

Re: Error in imagecopy job
(in response to Logaa)
Oh,
This does not look like a memory leak either.
You may of run out of space due to an earlier ABEND, the I/O error.

Save the documention, you may need it.
Stop the init the failing job ran in, it may be distroyed and there is no reason to muddy the waters by reusing it.
Either terminate the utility, restart objects, an rerun the utility
Or just resubmit the utility V9 will automaticly resume the utility.

If it fails again on an I/O error contact your hardware people (sometimes storage management)

If the failure is presistant and not an I/O error recall that documention that I suggested you save,
You will need it for the PMR.

Avram Friedman

On Wed, 4 May 2011 10:48:00 -0700, LS T <[login to unmask email]> wrote:

>Hi,

Yes previous day it was fine.

The first image  copy error was as below
 
DSNU032E I/O ERROR ON WORKFILE ,TAB01001,IMC00202,8C04,D,C1LP0002,READ
DSNU040I 123 01:37:35.86 DSNUGSDA - ERROR ACCESSING DDNAME C1LP0002,
DECB=X'41000000008000000003B34012C810000003DA20'
DSNU016I 123 01:37:37.94 DSNUGBAC - UTILITY BATCH MEMORY EXECUTION ABENDED,
 
and next run errors were as given in the mail.
 
Thanks,
Logaa




________________________________
From: Avram Friedman <[login to unmask email]>
To: [login to unmask email]
Sent: Wed, May 4, 2011 10:57:44 PM
Subject: Re: [DB2-L] Error in imagecopy job

Failing today? Meaning they worked just fine yesterday? or are you hiding
something from us?
If failing today and worked fine yesterday it sounds like a memory leak.
You will need the SYSLOG messages and LOGREC to start the PMR or your own
research route.

The 2 most common user errors are
Region Size (which you claim to of addressedou did use REGION=0M  Ofcourse if it
was a REGION= problem it would not of worked yesterday)
Operating system exit that limits storage allocations (would not of worked
yesterday)

Best wishes
Avram Friedman

On Wed, 4 May 2011 09:40:47 -0700, LS T <[login to unmask email]> wrote:

>Hi List,

We are using DB2 Version 9 in ZOS . Our Production Imagecopy job is constantly
failing today with storage abends.
UTILITY DATA BASE SERVICES MEMORY EXECUTION ABENDED, REASON=X'00E20015'
UTILITY DATA BASE SERVICES MEMORY EXECUTION ABENDED, REASON=X'00E20015'
UTILITY DATA BASE SERVICES MEMORY EXECUTION ABENDED, REASON=X'00E20013'
We migrated old�image copy datasets , increased region size and� many other
options done by storage team but still it is unresolved.
It has put the utilties in stop status and not allows other jobs to use the
tablespace.
can you pls help us in getting rid of the above abend?

Thanks,
Logaa
>
>_________________________________________________________________
>
>Register NOW for the IDUG DB2 Tech Conference in Anaheim, May 2-6, 2011!
>_________________________________________________________________
> International DB2 User Group (IDUG) - Independent, not-for-profit, User Run
>  Your only source for independent, unbiased, and trusted DB2 information
>
>

_________________________________________________________________

Register NOW for the IDUG DB2 Tech Conference in Anaheim, May 2-6, 2011!
_________________________________________________________________
International DB2 User Group (IDUG) - Independent, not-for-profit, User Run
  Your only source for independent, unbiased, and trusted DB2 information

>
>_________________________________________________________________
>
>Register NOW for the IDUG DB2 Tech Conference in Anaheim, May 2-6, 2011!
>_________________________________________________________________
> International DB2 User Group (IDUG) - Independent, not-for-profit, User Run
> Your only source for independent, unbiased, and trusted DB2 information
>
>

_________________________________________________________________

Register NOW for the IDUG DB2 Tech Conference in Anaheim, May 2-6, 2011!
_________________________________________________________________
International DB2 User Group (IDUG) - Independent, not-for-profit, User Run
Your only source for independent, unbiased, and trusted DB2 information

Fred Edgar

Re: Error in imagecopy job
(in response to Avram Friedman)
Are you using a LISTDEF? Might be there are too many objects in the list.

Fred

--- On Wed, 5/4/11, Avram Friedman <[login to unmask email]> wrote:

> From: Avram Friedman <[login to unmask email]>
> Subject: Re: [DB2-L] Error in imagecopy job
> To: [login to unmask email]
> Date: Wednesday, May 4, 2011, 1:14 PM
> Oh,
> This does not look like a memory leak either.
> You may of run out of space due to an earlier ABEND, the
> I/O error.
>
> Save the documention, you may need it.
> Stop the init the failing job ran in, it may be distroyed
> and there is no reason to muddy the waters by reusing it.
> Either terminate the utility, restart objects, an rerun the
> utility
> Or just resubmit the utility V9 will automaticly resume the
> utility.
>
> If it fails again on an I/O error contact your hardware
> people (sometimes storage management)
>
> If the failure is presistant and not an I/O error recall
> that documention that I suggested you save,
> You will need it for the PMR.
>
> Avram Friedman
>
> On Wed, 4 May 2011 10:48:00 -0700, LS T <[login to unmask email]>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
>
> Yes previous day it was fine.
>
> The first image  copy error was as below
>  
> DSNU032E I/O ERROR ON WORKFILE
> ,TAB01001,IMC00202,8C04,D,C1LP0002,READ
> DSNU040I 123 01:37:35.86 DSNUGSDA - ERROR ACCESSING DDNAME
> C1LP0002,
> DECB=X'41000000008000000003B34012C810000003DA20'
> DSNU016I 123 01:37:37.94 DSNUGBAC - UTILITY BATCH MEMORY
> EXECUTION ABENDED,
>  
> and next run errors were as given in the mail.
>  
> Thanks,
> Logaa
>
>
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: Avram Friedman <[login to unmask email]>
> To: [login to unmask email]
> Sent: Wed, May 4, 2011 10:57:44 PM
> Subject: Re: [DB2-L] Error in imagecopy job
>
> Failing today? Meaning they worked just fine yesterday? or
> are you hiding
> something from us?
> If failing today and worked fine yesterday it sounds like a
> memory leak.
> You will need the SYSLOG messages and LOGREC to start the
> PMR or your own
> research route.
>
> The 2 most common user errors are
> Region Size (which you claim to of addressedou did use
> REGION=0M  Ofcourse if it
> was a REGION= problem it would not of worked yesterday)
> Operating system exit that limits storage allocations
> (would not of worked
> yesterday)
>
> Best wishes
> Avram Friedman
>
> On Wed, 4 May 2011 09:40:47 -0700, LS T <[login to unmask email]>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi List,
> �
> We are using DB2 Version 9 in ZOS . Our Production
> Imagecopy job is constantly
> failing today with storage abends.
> UTILITY DATA BASE SERVICES MEMORY EXECUTION ABENDED,
> REASON=X'00E20015'
> UTILITY DATA BASE SERVICES MEMORY EXECUTION ABENDED,
> REASON=X'00E20015'
> UTILITY DATA BASE SERVICES MEMORY EXECUTION ABENDED,
> REASON=X'00E20013'
> We migrated old�image copy datasets , increased region
> size and� many other
> options done by storage team but still it is unresolved.
> It has put the utilties in stop status and not allows other
> jobs to use the
> tablespace.
> can you pls help us in getting rid of the above abend?
> �
> Thanks,
> Logaa
> >
> >_________________________________________________________________
> >
> >Register NOW for the IDUG DB2 Tech Conference in
> Anaheim, May 2-6, 2011!
> >_________________________________________________________________
> > International DB2 User Group (IDUG) - Independent,
> not-for-profit, User Run
> >  Your only source for independent, unbiased, and
> trusted DB2 information
> >
> >
>
> _________________________________________________________________
>
> Register NOW for the IDUG DB2 Tech Conference in Anaheim,
> May 2-6, 2011!
> _________________________________________________________________
> International DB2 User Group (IDUG) - Independent,
> not-for-profit, User Run
>   Your only source for independent, unbiased, and trusted
> DB2 information
>
> >
> >_________________________________________________________________
> >
> >Register NOW for the IDUG DB2 Tech Conference in
> Anaheim, May 2-6, 2011!
> >_________________________________________________________________
> > International DB2 User Group (IDUG) - Independent,
> not-for-profit, User Run
> >   Your only source for independent,
> unbiased, and trusted DB2 information
> >
> >
>
> _________________________________________________________________
>
> Register NOW for the IDUG DB2 Tech Conference in Anaheim,
> May 2-6, 2011!
> _________________________________________________________________
> International DB2 User Group (IDUG) - Independent,
> not-for-profit, User Run
>    Your only source for independent,
> unbiased, and trusted DB2 information
>

_________________________________________________________________

Register NOW for the IDUG DB2 Tech Conference in Anaheim, May 2-6, 2011!
_________________________________________________________________
International DB2 User Group (IDUG) - Independent, not-for-profit, User Run
Your only source for independent, unbiased, and trusted DB2 information