There is no standard checklist that I am aware of.
You need to find out what you know, then ask all the questions that
you do not know.
For example, if you are suddenly asked to support a data base
application you have never seen. But you know basic processes like
Image Copy, Reorgs, Explain process.
So now you need to ask things like
1. Who is the users of this application
2. What are the SLAs for the application
a. Is there any time the application can be down
b. Is there any time when the Database is Reorged?
i. When can it not be reorg’d
ii. Do you use ONLINE reorgs
iii. What tools do you use for reorgs
iv. What are the names of the Reorg jobs
v. When does production batch run for this application
c. What is the role of Operations for this applications
i. Do they monitor and raise issues to review
ii. Do users monitor and raise issues to review
3. Are there any remote servers that access this database?
4. Who does the tuning of this data base?
5. What abends are generally seen by this application?
a. Who supports which types of abends
6. If there is an error and it is not DB2, who do you go to
7. When are there outages on the system that might affect this
a. Who notifies the application when that is to occur?
8. What is the change control process?
9. What is my manager’s expectations of my support of this
This is just a small number of thoughts you might have when taking
over a function
In this small example. You know how to do reorg’s but you do
not know how this shop does reorg’s. So what questions are
needed for you to know how to do this process.
Does this help?
From: Kowsalya Kumari [mailto:[login to unmask email]
Sent: Friday, February 16, 2018 9:45 AM
To: [login to unmask email]
Subject: [DB2-L] - RE: Transition check list
I work for the service based company where we server
client/customers, now I got into new project/client where I'm asked
gain knowledge from the current vendor(He is also different service
provider) who was supporting client.
I'm trying to get the list of questions that I should be asking
them to gain knowledge.
Also can someone please help me what activities/task fall under
-----End Original Message-----