Solution Advisor – Eastern US.
Rocket Software is looking for an experienced, dynamic, self-motivated Solution Advisor that will provide technical support in the field supporting Db2 for z/OS Performance Management. This includes but not limited to, Db2 for z/OS System and SQL Monitoring, Tuning and Troubleshooting. Clients’ success is a top priority and to achieve this, you must team well across functions and disciplines.
This position can be located anywhere in the east or mid-atlantic/south including Baltimore, D.C., Raleigh, Philadelphia, New York, New Jersey, Boston or surrounding states.
You will represent the customers’ needs to the development lab to ensure R&D roadmaps support clients’ needs, and serve as the lab advocate to ensure the customer’s expectations are set correctly and all pre and post-sales engagements are properly managed and executed. You must be able to understand and articulate the business problem(s) the customer is trying to solve for the purpose of identifying the right technology and solutions to bring forward to the customer.
You will be assisting sales in presenting and demonstrating these products/solutions to customers and support/drive POCs and POTs as well as providing deployment support.
- In-depth conceptual and technical knowledge of Db2 for z/OS
- In-depth conceptual and technical knowledge of Performance, Monitoring, Tuning and Troubleshooting for Db2 for z/OS.
- Presents and delivers deep technical presentations on products to partner and customers
- Builds and delivers technical product training
- Interacts with lab and product support to research and respond to detailed questions from prospective and current customers
- Supports proof of concept and proof of technologies to customers
- Ensure that client’s needs have been met and that the product/solution is fully functioning according to specifications
- Shares customer feedback to product management and R&D for future enhancements
- Articulates the practical application of the products in a variety of customer environments
- Identifies opportunities for additional customer technology enhancements through understanding of mainframe solutions
- Delivers support that allow for successful proof of concept and post-sales deployment
- Guides client in the set-up and configuration of mainframe solutions and trains customers in administration and use of the products
- Conveys technical details to technical and non-technical audiences
- Participate in conferences and/or customer events
- Product expert at all audience levels within a lab
- Handles objections professionally; answers questions quickly and coherently; deals with challenges assertively and persuasively
- Self-manage assignments, resource planning, administrative tasks, managing multiple projects simultaneously from start to finish
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, IT or equivalent experience in IT industry
- Experience required
- 7+ years’ experience with z/OS, Db2 for z/OS, Db2 Performance, Utilities and Administration Tools
- Deep knowledge of DB2 for z/OS utilities and the concepts of database performance and availability management
- Proven critical thinking, analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship management and communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills
- You must be willing to travel up to 75% of the time, with most engagements being 2-3 days in length, but some travel may require up to a week
- Confident and dynamic speaker
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Previous consulting experience desirable
- Previous travel-oriented position
For additional information please call Diane Robinson, HR Recruiter, Rocket Software, 781-684-2272 or email [login to unmask email]