IBM Db2 Analytics Accelerator Training
Dates (2 days): Thursday and Friday, July 18 and 19, 2019
Location and Time: IBM, 6060 Britton Parkway, Blng. 1, Dublin, OH
43016, 9:00am - 4:00pm EDT
Cost: Class is free to pre-registered
Instructor: Frank Fillmore
Join us for this new and improved for 2019 class. Contents include IDAA v7
early experiences, best practices, and v5 to v7 migration tips.
Attendees will learn how an IDAA v7 (aka "Sailfish") can extend System z's
processing capabilities to enable Hybrid Transaction/Analytic Processing
* An introduction to the new V7.1 architecture and IBM Integrated
Analytics System (IIAS).
* The heterogeneous accelerator environment: what works well today.
* Support your acquisition with a clear use case and Proof of
* Positioning IDAA within your organization with the most valuable
* Migrating from the Netezza-based IDAA to v7.1.
Lab 1: Basic IDAA Activities
* Data Studio / IBM Db2 Analytics Accelerator Studio GUI
* Table acceleration
* Query processing and analysis
Enhancing Value to the IDAA with the IBM Tools Ecosystem
* Assessment: What is the workload that would benefit from being
* Optimization: How do I monitor and optimize a workload to take
advantage of the Accelerator?
* Administration: Can I manage the Accelerator more effectively?
Lab 2: Advanced IDAA Exploitation
* Incremental Update: keeping accelerated data in sync with DB2 for
* Accelerator-only Tables (AoTs): intermediate tables and ETL processing
Registration is required - Register HERE
*Class is open to current IBM z Systems customers considering an IDAA
Kim May, Vice President, Business Development
IBM Champion 2009 - 2019
The Fillmore Group, Inc.
(410) 465-6335 office
(443) 956-0288 mobile