The IDUG organization mission is accomplished through the efforts of an incredible number of volunteers that have dedicated their time to advancing the information services community through DB2. IDUG supports the following volunteer teams:
- Australasia Conference Planning Committee – This committee will plan, coordinate and facilitate the IDUG DB2 Tech Conference held in Australia.
- Board of Directors – The IDUG organization is led by the Board of Directors. This esteemed group of DB2 professionals outlines the strategic direction and ensures all organization objectives are met.
- Content Team – This committee defines the overall direction for global content across all IDUG programs and drives initiatives to constantly deliver valuable content to the IDUG community.
- Europe, Middle
Eastand Africa (EMEA) Conference Planning Committee – This committee will plan, coordinate and facilitate the IDUG DB2 Tech Conference held in Europe.
- Global Marketing Committee – This committee directs and supports all marketing strategies, concept
developmentand selection of editorial content for all of IDUG’s publications and conference marketing materials
- North America Conference Planning Committee – This committee will plan, coordinate and facilitate the IDUG DB2 Tech Conference held in North America.
- Web Committee – This team provides support to IDUG members and ensures that the IDUG message, content and access are operational for the organization.
- The Volunteer Management Committee – VMC is a Board Committee that serves to recruit and sustain strong volunteers; vet and recommend a slate of candidates for the board of directors and create compelling and equitable benefits for IDUG volunteers.
The IDUG Mission Statement is:
The International DB2 Users Group (IDUG®) is an independent, not-for-profit, user-run organization whose mission is to support and strengthen the information services community by providing the highest quality education and services designed to promote the effective utilization of DB2.