Db2 11.5 Advanced Design & App Dev Exam
Badging & Certification
For Db2 on Linux, UNIX, and Windows, the Db2 11.5 Advanced Database Design and Application Development for Database Professionals Exam is available and is administered by IDUG. To register for the exam, please review the requirements and instructions and then return to this page to purchase your exam.
In order to pass this exam, you would need to have some experience with the basics of Db2. A working knowledge (hands-on experience) is, of course, very beneficial, however, a solid academic understanding of Db2 will be of significant help as well.
1. You must have an approved proctor. If you are writing this exam in a face-to-face setting, run at an IBM, IDUG, or RDUG event, this is probably taken care of already. To take this exam outside an official event offering a proctored service, you must nominate a proctor and have that proctor approved prior to taking the exam. You can nominate a proctor by sending the following information to the exam administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org. The email should include:
- Your full name
- The address that the exam will be taken
- Proctor's name
- Proctor's title
- Proctor's email
This proctor approval process usually takes 3-4 days.
2. You must register as a member of IDUG at www.idug.org
3. You must pay (or provide a promotion certificate) at www.idug.org
4. Once your proctor is approved and payment is received by IDUG, you will be registered to take the exam. Your proctor will receive the instructions once you are registered.
5. You take the exam. You will see a button that says "Enroll in Class" which means that you are successfully registered. Click on that button and then click on Exam. An exam will be generated for you and is a random selection of questions from a large pool of questions.
6. At the completion of the exam, your proctor must send an email as outlined in the communication to the proctor. This is the same email as mentioned in step 4.
7. Once the email is received by the proctor, if you passed, you'll be given instructions on how to collect your official Db2 11.5 Fundamentals Exam badge.
If you have any questions or experience any problems, feel free to contact the exam administration at email@example.com.